Five Things To Do Before You Get Watch Insurance
Originally published on Hodinkee, April 23rd 2023
As a watch enthusiast, you know that your timepiece is more than just something that tells you the time. It’s a statement piece that reflects your personality and style. And just like any valuable possession, your watch deserves proper protection. That’s where a valuable articles insurance policy from Hodinkee Insurance comes in.
Here are five tips to help you protect your watch with a valuable items insurance rider:
- Know Your Worth: Before you insure your watch, it’s important to know its true value. An appraisal by a specialized watch appraiser can help you determine the current market value of your watch. Alternatively, you can research what similar watches are reselling for. This will ensure that you get the right amount of coverage.
- Choose the Right Coverage: When it comes to valuable items insurance, there are different types of coverage available. Make sure you choose a policy that covers your watch against loss, theft, and damage. You may also want to consider if your policy has coverage for worldwide travel like Hodinkee Insurance!
- Keep Records: In case of a loss, having records of your watch’s purchase, ownership, and maintenance can help. Keep receipts, photographs, and any other documentation that can prove ownership and value of your watch.
- Store Your Watch Properly: When you’re not wearing your watch, make sure to store it in a safe and secure place. A watch winder or watch box with a lock, or a safe can help protect your watch. If you’re traveling with your watch, keep it in your carry-on luggage or on your person at all times.
- Regularly Maintain Your Watch: Regular maintenance and servicing can help keep your watch in top condition and prevent damage. Keep records of all maintenance and servicing performed on your watch. This can help you prove its value and ensure that it’s properly covered by your insurance policy.
With these tips, you can protect your watch with a Hodinkee Insurance policy and have peace of mind knowing that your prized possession is covered.
Lead image by Charlotte Hadden