You recently purchased a Rolex watch and it is too big for your wrist. No problem! Here are several easy steps on how to remove the links from your Rolex to make it fit perfectly. All you will need for this process is a Rolex and a jewelers’ screwdriver kit.
Removing Links from Your Rolex:
- After determining how many links to remove, locate the links closest to the clasp. On one side of the link, you will see smooth circles (which are the bottoms of the pins). On the other side of the link, you will see slits for a screwdriver.
2. Next step is to remove the screws from the link. Locate the correctly sized screwdriver from your jeweler’s kit. Insert your screwdriver into the pinhole and loosen the pin until it becomes detached from inside the link. Using a pair of pliers, grab the pin and pull it out of the link.
3. After this link is removed, slide the two separated links together where the pinholes align. Insert the pin and, using your jeweler’s screwdriver, screw the pin in place.
Easy, right? Just a couple of things to keep in mind as you are removing the extra link(s) from your Rolex watch:
- As you are using the jeweler’s screwdriver, be extra cautious to prevent scratching your Rolex watch.
- If you are removing more than one link, remove the same amount of links from each side of the clasp.
- After removing the extra pins and links, be sure to keep them together and in a place you will remember, just in case you ever need them again!
For more watch”How To’s”, go to: